Re: Contributions to Guile

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Contributions to Guile
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 10:32:22 +0100

Hi!

Chad Albers <address@hidden> skribis:

> I have experience with several schemes: Racket, Chibli, Gauche, and Guile.
> I've started to enjoy Guile the most.  I've written one Guile module (
> https://github.com/neomantic/guile-beaglebone-io) and I'm about to release
> another one (mailboxes queues for cross thread communication).

Nice!  You’re welcome to announce releases on address@hidden so
others can chime in.  :-)

> I'm considering helping out on the Guile project, and there are a number of
> areas that I would like to work on.   My question is, then, how can I get
> involved?

Andy Wingo has just written a great article about compiler/VM tasks for
the forthcoming 2.2 series and for after 2.2:

  http://wingolog.org/archives/2016/02/04/guile-compiler-tasks

In addition to that, everyone can help with the standard library—the
(ice-9 …) modules, (web …), the POSIX interface in libguile, etc.

We want to include more batteries in general.  So if you think something
widely useful ought to be in the standard library, you’re welcome to
propose it here!  And of course, if you find bugs or limitations in
existing modules, we’re interested in hearing about them and fixing
them.

Looking forward to receiving your contributions.  :-)

Ludo’.