Re: Guile Module Documentation

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Guile Module Documentation
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 13:23:12 +0100

Hi Alex!

Le 2016-01-10 01:02, Alex Weiss a écrit :
I've written a couple of guile modules. What is the best way to
generate documentation using the procedures docstrings?

I don't know such tool in Guile. The current pratice is to create
the documentation from scratch ie. without auto-generation.

I am very interested to work a such a tool. Using a markdown library
I wrote earlier, we might be able to create something similar to
https://github.com/dotmpe/mkdoc

I've done some exploratory work. Here is what I've got:

  ;; retrieve module by name
  (define srfi1 (resolve-module '(srfi srfi-1)))

  ;; go over public interface and print procedure name and documentation
(module-for-each (lambda (name variable) (when (procedure? (variable-ref variable)) (pk name (procedure-documentation (variable-ref variable))))) srfi1)

Starting with that, one can create an html, txt or whatever of a module.

What about docdog as the name of the program? :)

HTH,

Amirouche aka amz3