Re: Asynchronous event loop brainstorm at FSF 30

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: Asynchronous event loop brainstorm at FSF 30
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 13:27:38 +0000

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 10:26:25 +0000
Chris Vine <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:46:24 -0600
> Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> wrote:
> [snip]
> > This sounds very interesting... is the source available?  Could you
> > point to it?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >  - Chris
>
> No it's not.  I'll email you something.

In case it's of use to others in looking at the options, I have now put
the code here:
http://www.cvine.plus.com/event-loop/event-loop.scm

I have no problem with any parts of it going into guile if thought
useful.  I was inclined to apply the MIT license to it but that seems
fairly pointless give that guile is covered by the LGPL.  The
interesting part is not so much the event loop but the use of
coroutines to give "await" type semantics. This particular
implementation does allow tasks to run in their own threads in a safe
way.

It works for my limited purposes but I imagine it could be much
improved.

Chris