Re: Gambda Logo

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: Gambda Logo
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 13:42:21 +0200

Thorsten Wilms <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess the silence (with the one exception, thank you Amirouche!)
> means I should stop and go away, [...]

No need to be so self-critical. :-)

Personally I was silent because I found both nice in their own ways and
could not decide.  (Your second logo is definitely much nicer than your
first though, IMO.)

In the mail you originally posted, the logo it looked somewhat pixelated
(needs more anti-aliasing?) but in this on-website comparison it doesn't
have that issue so it looks very nice.

And I have to say it looks almost like a somewhat better fit on the
website, due to the rest of the site looking quite "organic" (due to the
drawing, I think), and your logo too (due to the curvature of the
lambda, I think), whereas the other logo looks a bit more "mechanic" and
more bold (literally as well as figuratively).  Not sure if my words
make sense, describing feelings is difficult.

All in all I find both very nice, but have a slight preference for your
logo, at least when placed on the website.

Taylan