Slow compile times on master

From: Tristan Colgate
Subject: Slow compile times on master
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:16:30 +0000

Hi All,
  I thought I'd see how things are looking on master (great to see work is still progressing toward 2.2). I just wanted to check that the compile times I've been seeing are to be expected. My (pretty weedy) laptop took over a day to build one it hit building the scms. guile-snmp took a good minute or so to build the code for the shell (it's really pretty tiny).
  Is this expected at the minute? or more likely to be a problem with cacheing.
  Anyway, thanks all for the great work on guile. guile-snmp pulls off some pretty gnarly tricks with dynamic symbol lookup and it's all kept on working since 1.8 without breaking,which is pretty darned cool.