Re: Doc & tests

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Doc & tests
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:14:31 +0200

On Thu 16 Apr 2015 15:08, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> commit 95db5705288c8f72cd81e52a2d94cd876dc6ea04
>> Author: Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
>> Date:   Wed Apr 1 10:01:16 2015 +0200
>>
>>     Add "transient" intmap interface
>
> I’m a bit concerned about the lack of docstrings, comments, and tests in
> some of the new code, esp. “tricky” code like this one or cps2.
>
> You’re probably going to hate me for asking this from my lurker’s
> standpoint ;-), but what would you think of gradually improving these
> aspects?  Think of the future me who finally dives into 2.1 to get up to
> speed.  :-)

Yes certainly!  It was actually documentation that led me down this
garden path.  I was unhappy with the existing CPS IL, especially
documenting a thing that I wasn't completely comfortable with, and
wanted to make some new experiments.  I wasn't even sure the approaches
in simplify2.scm would be possible, and the transient interface is part
of what makes it possible.  So yes it's definitely on the list.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/