Re: Handling HTTP "Upgrade" requests

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Handling HTTP "Upgrade" requests
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 13:05:43 +0800

Hi David!

IMHO, there's no HTTP header anymore once you've done handshake
successfully, but sending frame defined by WebSocket.

For this case, once handshake is successful, I think you have to spawn a
new server instance (or use callbacks, depends on your server
architecture design) rather than using Guile inner HTTP server to manage
this socket. Or it'll be cracked while parsing HTTP header as you
pasted.

One of the possible way is to build a WebSocket gateway to dispatch the
connections to each server instance (or callbacks) and managing
handshake for each connection.

Anyway, to support WebSocket, one have to customize the server core. The
Guile inner server is dedicated to be the HTTP one, IIRC. That's why I
stopped development of websocket module in Artanis, since I have to
write its new async server core first. ;-)