Re: inotify ffi

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: inotify ffi
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 15:47:24 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> But inotify is practically a single-OS solution.  How does it make
> sense for Guile to support file notifications only on one platform?
> That effectively limits packages that use Guile as an extension
> language to that single platform.

>From what I could see, this is a third-party library, not one intended
for Guile core.  If such support were to be added to Guile core, I would
agree that it should be cross-platform.

I'm interested in file notifications for a project of mine, but I'm not
sure I would want to introduce glib as a dependency if I'm only using
that one feature.

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org