Re: inotify ffi

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: inotify ffi
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 22:32:11 +0200

> From: David Thompson <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 15:05:05 -0500
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Why not use the glib file monitoring instead?  It is much more
> > portable, and has an inotify back-end AFAIK.
>
> If you're only after inotify, glib seems like a heavy dependency.

But inotify is practically a single-OS solution.  How does it make
sense for Guile to support file notifications only on one platform?
That effectively limits packages that use Guile as an extension
language to that single platform.

Anyway, Guile already depends on quite a few external libraries, so
adding a few more doesn't sound a big deal to me, FWIW.