Re: Add support for record types in GOOPS methods?

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Add support for record types in GOOPS methods?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:00:51 -0400

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Panicz Maciej Godek
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
> As I managed to find out, the (define-record-type t ...) also introduces a
> GOOPS class named <t>. Following your example, you'd need to define your
> method in the following way:
>
> (define-method (foobar (foo <<foo>>))
>     (foo-bar foo))
>
> I don't think any further changes are needed (perhaps a section in the
> documentation would be nice)

I had no idea that magic was happening.  Thanks!  That solves my
immediate need, though I think defining something that I didn't
explicitly ask for is strange.

I thought that I could make this technique fail by defining the record
type before importing (oop goops), but it still worked.  Why?

- Dave