Re: Dijkstra's Methodology for Secure Systems Development

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayirli/Kammer
Subject: Re: Dijkstra's Methodology for Secure Systems Development
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:45:49 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Evil is not about right and wrong.  Evil is about moral and immoral,
> lawful and unlawful.  If you don't understand the fundamental
> difference between those categories, perhaps you should refrain from
> talking about Hitler, Stalin, and bombardment of civilians.

If any of those words have well-defined semantics in a widely accepted
school of thought, then I didn't know that.  (Except for laws, though
I'm confused on how they're relevant at all.)  I was simply going on the
assumption that we all agree on ethics based on human well-being (or
more generally, that of any relatively intelligent creature; many other
animals seem to have emotions too).  It would follow that we need to be
careful not to give power to those disagreeing with that.  If the
assumption was wrong, then never mind.

Taylan