Re: Fw: guile-gnome, devel: corba test suite fails if using scm_make_vta

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Fw: guile-gnome, devel: corba test suite fails if using scm_make_vtable
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 13:30:47 +0100

On 2014-09-04 23:37, David Pirotte wrote:
Heya,

ping!

I'm pretty sure it is a guile core and/or a test suite problem, not related to corba itself [which as a matter of fact I do not know and do not use
        either :)]

I'd like to solve this problem before to release a guile-gnome-platform 2.16.3
[which is a good idea anyway, but in the end it will also allow distro
to get rid of
guile-1.8 ...]

Before to release I believe indeed that we _should_ get rid of all guile related
deprecated messages, which motivated my changes to
<git-clone>/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-types.c

I'm looking for a C knowledgeable guile developer or co-maintainer who
knows what
scm_make_vtable is supposed to do, args, ... to think about what could
be the cause
of the problem [comparing the original function and its proposed substitution
in guile core maybe] and/or come and talk to me on irc [daviid] to
debug together...

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

I think that the commits at http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/log/?h=stable-2.0&qt=grep&q=make-vtable may indicate the correct code transformation that you need to make for old uses of scm_make_vtable_vtable. Those commits only show Scheme code examples, but I would guess that it will not be hard to work out the corresponding C code transformation.

Regards,
     Neil