Re: Bison-like source locations in LALR-parser

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Bison-like source locations in LALR-parser
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:21:39 +0200

Hi, Jan,

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> skribis:

> I am using these patches to provide Bison-like source locations that we
> need for error messages and the like.  The output of the parser is a
> plain scheme tree, now transparently annotated with source locations
> that match the parsed input file.

I don’t think this is needed.  Lexers are expected to use
‘make-lexical-token’ and ‘make-source-location’ from (system base lalr)
to preserve source location information.

Besides, note that lalr.upstream.scm is a copy of the upstream lalr-scm,
hosted at <http://code.google.com/p/lalr-scm/>.

HTH,
Ludo’.