Re: Windows file name separators

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows file name separators
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:56:29 +0300

> From: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:15:44 +0200
>
> > To solve this problem completely, we need a function that
> > canonicalizes a file name wrt directory separators -- converts all
> > backslashes to forward slashes.  Does Guile have such a function?
>
> My understanding of your other message is that you now advocate trying
> hard to stick to slashes instead of backslashes, in which case a file
> name canonicalization function is practically unnecessary, right?

Yes, I think so -- provided that I indeed succeeded in finding all the
places where file names and path lists are created from directories
returned by C APIs.  You are in a better position to judge that, as I
still have only a very vague idea about which part of Guile does what,
both in C and in Scheme.

In Emacs, some of the file and directory names recorded during the
build and startup come from argv[0] and from prefix-relative directory
names computed by configure.  Is there something similar in Guile, and
if so, where do I find that?