Re: MinGW vs. c-api.test

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: MinGW vs. c-api.test
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:15:19 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> skribis:

From: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
Cc: address@hidden
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:48:48 +0200

>> > Not sure this is a good idea: I can create a file /dev/null on
>> > Windows, but that doesn't mean it is my null device.
>>
>> Yes, but using %host-type isn’t perfect either, no?  What would you
>> prefer?
>
> How about testing if the absolute name of the current directory starts
> with a drive letter?

Like (string-match "^[a-zA-Z]:[/\\]" (getcwd)) ?

Yes.

But my Git Bash shell on Windows (at work) gives me paths like /<drive letter>/...
For example:

  address@hidden /c/work/icp (master)
  $ pwd
  /c/work/icp

I think that shell is provided by MinGW/MSYS - so does that mean that the regexp check
above might not be correct in all contexts on Windows?

       Neil