Re: Identifying what's usable in installed headers [was Re: RFC: Foreign

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Identifying what's usable in installed headers [was Re: RFC: Foreign objects facility]
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 13:44:27 +0200

Doug Evans <address@hidden> skribis:

> While function declarations are markable as being internal/external in
> published headers (SCM_INTERNAL vs SCM_API), macros are not.

Internal macros are marked by a naming convention: they are prefixed by
‘SCM_I’.

If this convention is deemed insufficient, we could #ifdef
BUILDING_GUILE like Andy suggests, but I think this is not always
possible.

> [P.S. I'm not sure if SCM_SETCDR is still intended to be usable,

It is public and usable, and I think that removing it doesn’t really buy
us anything.

Ludo’.