guile struct members are not a good 1-1 match for c structs

From: Doug Evans
Subject: guile struct members are not a good 1-1 match for c structs
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 18:51:46 -0700

Hi all.

While reading guile sources I happened across the implementation
of struct scm_print_state.  ref: libguile/print.h

It (tries to) map a C struct to a set of Guile struct fields:
ref: SCM_PRINT_STATE_LAYOUT.

I *could* be missing something, but I think my angst can be represented
with the following question:

Has anyone tried to use scm_print_state from Scheme as a Guile struct
on a host with 64 bit words and 32 bit ints and 32 bit longs?

[P.S. This is with guile 2.0.9., which is what I have on my laptop -
currently travelling and don't currently have access to the git tree.]