Re: Problem with removing <config.h> from gen-scmconfig when cross-compi

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Problem with removing <config.h> from gen-scmconfig when cross-compiling
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 21:32:15 +0100

Doug Evans <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>>> Dale Evans pointed out that GCC runs the autoconf tests twice when
>>> cross-compiling: once for the build machine and once for the host
>>> machine.  I suspect that this is the proper solution for us, so we'd
>>> end up with two config.h files.
>>
>> Yes, but GCC's configure machinery is really the next level...
>
> What does "the next level" mean?

I mean it’s sophisticated: creates build sub-directories for the host
and build, runs configure and make in there, etc.

Given that Guile has only two files to be compiled for the build machine
and that they use only stdio.h and stdlib.h, I think that we can find a
way to do what we want without resorting to something as sophisticated.

Ludo’.