Re: [Hydra Build Daemon] [Guile-commits] Failed with output: Hydra job g

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Hydra Build Daemon] [Guile-commits] Failed with output: Hydra job gnu:guile-2-0:build.x86_64-darwin
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:27:27 +0100

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:

> The Darwin build was broken by 8f7887d61604073528544ccb09849ca0e2f4df78
> "Provide glthread/lock.h implementation in terms of Guile threads".
>
> I guess that we'll need to add some of the AM_CPPFLAGS from
> libguile/Makefile.am to lib/Makefile.am.
>
> We'll need to make sure not only that <glthread/lock.h> finds
> <libguile/threads.h> from the source tree (not from previously-installed
> Guile headers),

Oops, thanks for the heads-up.  The problem manifests when $top_srcdir
!= $top_builddir, as is the case on Hydra.

> but also that all of the Guile headers included directly or indirectly
> from <libguile/threads.h> have access to the Gnulib headers.

I believe commit da7e43a fixes it.

> I confess to being a bit nervous about this circular dependency between
> Guile and Gnulib.

Yeah.

Another thing we could do is to AC_DEFINE([SCM_GNULIB_LOCK_PTHREAD])
when building with pthread support, and have glthread/lock.h not include
<libguile/threads.h> at all.

WDYT?

Ludo’.