Re: Preferences regarding Debian's Guile version string

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Preferences regarding Debian's Guile version string
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 16:15:48 +0200

Hi,

It seems that Guile has support for specifying the packager, package
version, and URL for package-specific bug reports.  This ends up forming
part of %guile-build-info, and also propagates out to guile --help.
Unfortunately there's no configure argument for it, that I know of, but
if you add the appropriate -D lines when compiling you get these:

    #ifdef PACKAGE_PACKAGER
      *loc = scm_acons (scm_from_latin1_symbol ("packager"),
                        scm_from_latin1_string (PACKAGE_PACKAGER),
                        *loc);
    #endif
    #ifdef PACKAGE_PACKAGER_VERSION
      *loc = scm_acons (scm_from_latin1_symbol ("packager-version"),
                        scm_from_latin1_string (PACKAGE_PACKAGER_VERSION),
                        *loc);
    #endif
    #ifdef PACKAGE_PACKAGER_BUG_REPORTS
      *loc = scm_acons (scm_from_latin1_symbol ("packager-bug-reports"),
                        scm_from_latin1_string (PACKAGE_PACKAGER_BUG_REPORTS),
                        *loc);
    #endif

I guess these should be UTF-8 strings, eh.  Anyway, that's probably the
right way to do it.  If you add a patch to configure.ac to add
--with-packager=... arguments or something like that, send it upstream
;-)

Cheers,

Andy
--