Re: Guile 2.2 TODO

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Guile 2.2 TODO
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:16:49 +0200

On Sat 14 Sep 2013 15:48, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>>   - Add machinery to (system vm debug) to get a DIE for a procedure, if
>>     it is present.
>
> It would be great if it would support .gnu_debuglink too (info "(gdb)
> Separate Debug Files").

The guile-dltools stuff does support this, so it should be possible.
Initially I think it makes sense to include it in the .go directly
though, and add things incrementally.

> Another thing I noticed is that in 2.0 we have location info for code,
> but not for (global) variable definitions in general (which prevents
> M-. from doing anything useful for non-procedure top-level variables.)
>
> How would that work with DWARF?

It could work!  Currently M-. just fails if the thing isn't a
procedure.  But this info could go in the DIE.  What would it be
associated with, however?  The scoped name or the variable object?
Anyway we can make this happen.

> Personally I’m still very much on the Guix (dark?) side of things, but
> I’d like to get on the 2.1 train sometime in the coming months.

Cool.  Happy hacking :)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/