Re: Guile 2.2 TODO

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile 2.2 TODO
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 15:48:45 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for the road map!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

>   - Add machinery to (system vm debug) to get a DIE for a procedure, if
>     it is present.

It would be great if it would support .gnu_debuglink too (info "(gdb)
Separate Debug Files").

Another thing I noticed is that in 2.0 we have location info for code,
but not for (global) variable definitions in general (which prevents
M-. from doing anything useful for non-procedure top-level variables.)

How would that work with DWARF?

> I think that's pretty much it.  Obviously it would be nice to get a lot
> of other things into 2.2 but this is the necessary bit.  I think we
> should shoot for a 2.1.0 release around 1 December; dunno.

Sounds like a good plan.

Personally I’m still very much on the Guix (dark?) side of things, but
I’d like to get on the 2.1 train sometime in the coming months.

Ludo’.