Re: wip-rtl disassembler

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: wip-rtl disassembler
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 22:17:21 +0200

On Thu 02 May 2013 10:11, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> A brief note to say that (system vm disassembler) in wip-rtl now has a
> functioning "disassemble-program" that finds function bounds using the
> ELF symbol table.  It's not great yet; would like to work on it a bit
> more this evening, but it's better than what we had ;)

At this point the disassembler is working much better, and works at the
REPL now via ,x.  Also, procedure-name now works.

I'm now moving to implement source line information and other metadata
via .debug_info / .debug_line / etc sections.

I think debugging things will be ready in a few weeks.  Noah, how's the
compiler coming?  I think we could reasonably be looking at compiling
everything with RTL by July or August if all goes well.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/