Guile lisp code style (was: [guile] Re: Guile and Swig)

From: Dmitry Bogatov
Subject: Guile lisp code style (was: [guile] Re: Guile and Swig)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:15:01 +0400

Daniel Hartwig <address@hidden> writes:
>> Also, question of style of Lisp code. It seems, that most common style
>> is `(action object arg1 ...)` and I find making object callable is more
>> elegant: `(object #:action arg1 ...)`. Is it discouraged?
> On some level both styles are functionally equivalent, although
> conceptually they are quite different.  It is more or less a matter of
> taste.  However, certain tasks are easier in one style or the other.
Of course. Essentially, it is question about object vs procedural style.

> Why do you find the second style more elegant?
I do not have to create a lot of foo-make-thing, foo-make-other
functions with, essentially, elisp or C naming conventions.

I still do not have feeling of functionality paradigm of Lisp, so I am
trying to use object-oriented paradigm. Probably, it is aganist spirit
of language.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <address@hidden>,
Free Software supporter and netiquette guardian.