Re: Record type printers for SRFI 45 promises and SRFI 41 streams

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: Record type printers for SRFI 45 promises and SRFI 41 streams
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 07:13:09 +0800

On 8 April 2013 00:49, Chris K. Jester-Young <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've attached record type printers for SRFI 45 promises and SRFI 41
> streams. I've tried to make promise-visit more self-documenting with
> the use of keyword arguments; let me know if you think that's an
> improvement!
>
> Also as discussed with Mark H Weaver, I've currently implemented the
> format for promises as #<promise => ...> for unevaluated promises, and
> #<promise = ...> for evaluated ones. Hopefully this is is easy to read
> and will clearly distinguish between the two types, and still look
> different from core promises too.

I dont see much value in distinguishing between eager and lazy,
particularly as this leads to an unusual display format.  What
difference does it make how the object was constructed?

Also, this is not avoiding "#<procedure" as suggested?  A simple
"#<promise OBJECT-ADDRESS>" is succinct and sufficient.