Re: GOOPS and hash-tables - ie. <hash-table>

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: GOOPS and hash-tables - ie. <hash-table>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:09:27 +0800

On 23 March 2013 19:18, Brent Pinkney <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I desperately need to write a generic method that binds to a hash-table.
>
> I have noticed that native scheme types like pair, list, and vector are
> Even SRFI-19 dates are recognised as <date>.

How did you spot those classes?

> How then to add similar goodness so that I can write:
>
> (define-method (enumerate! (o <hash-table>) env)
> )

A quick investigation using ‘class-of’ and the various constructors:

scheme@(guile-user)> (class-of (make-hash-table))
$1 = #<<class> <hashtable> 9f96780>
scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (srfi srfi-69))
scheme@(guile-user)> (class-of (make-hash-table))
$2 = #<<class> <srfi-69:hash-table> a115000>

Regards