Re: Programming racket like in guile

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Re: Programming racket like in guile
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:44:53 +0100

On Saturday, February 23, 2013 08:54:09 AM Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> For those parts specific to racket, did you consider the (language
> racket ..) namespace, where an eventual language definition could be
> placed also?

Hmm, my problem with this is that to cover the racket lang is a
monumental effort because it covers such things like imutable cons
cells a new macrology system, a new module system etc. It would take
me forever to actually complete anything close to #lang
racket. Therefore I prefere to call it a compatibility module. The
idea is to minimize the work needed to port code written in racket to
guile. If we than mange after some significant time to repreoduce
#:lan racket we can of cause promote this module to (language
racket). Does this make sense?

/Stefan