Programming racket like in guile

From: stefan . itampe
Subject: Programming racket like in guile
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 21:59:17 +0100

Dear guilers!

I have spend quite a lot of work porting racket code to guile
e.g. syntax-parse and the code for contracts, as a spinoff I have
done several other parts as well e.g.

* contracts                                (guile-contract)
* syntax parse                             (guile-syntax-parse)
* some support for racket lambda argumnets
  lambda list                              (guile-syntax-parse)

* some support for racket structs          (guile-contract)
* racket matcher                           (guile-syntax-parse)
* racket for loops                         (racket-loops-for-guile)
* may things I have forgotten about

Is there something in here that you would like to improve on or are
there
components in the racket codebase that you would like to have in guile
so please let me know!

I also suggest that for people writing compatability code that we have
a standard namespace for this. Let me suggest

(compat name-of-scheme/lisp component ...)
e.g.
(compat racket match)
(compat racket for)
(compat racket struct)

The idea is that we push code here that is useful for porting
the components that we are actually interesting to have in guile
 like syntax-parse.

for the code that we deem so useful that we would like to push it to a
more
descriptive location we will of cause do that as well e.g. (syntax
parse)

WDYT

Cheers!
Stefan