Re: [ANN] guile-csv 0.0.1 released!

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: [ANN] guile-csv 0.0.1 released!
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:13:04 -0500

Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:
> Here is a CSV reader based on Andy's csv-reader.
> And it's ready for guildhall.
[...]
> PS: I'll call ijp to add it into the repo.

I haven't yet looked carefully at this code or its API, so this is no
judgement on you, but in general, I don't think we should follow the
model of "Hey, here's the first release of a library I just hacked up.
Please add it to Guildhall now."  That's how we ended up with an ice-9
directory that's full of bitrotted implementations of half-baked APIs.

I'd much rather follow the example of Shiro Kawai, who is very cautious
to experiment with new APIs at length before adding them to Gauche, and
the result is IMO a beautiful and consistent set of APIs.

Maybe we can find a good compromise position between these two extremes.

What do other people think?

      Mark