Re: About Guile crypto support

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: About Guile crypto support
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:28:19 +0800

On 6 February 2013 12:18, Daniel Hartwig <address@hidden> wrote:
> Avoiding duplication and feature creep /in the core/ is highly
> desirable.  Guildhall makes it convenient enough to pull in additional
> features; guile-lib has md5 and industria provides also sha and
> others.

During yesterday's IRC discussion the idea was raised to somehow
provide a “batteries included” package that would include the core and
a selection of “useful” addons.  I suppose that is similar to the
original purpose of guile-lib.

In apt terms, that would probably just be a meta-package depending on
guile and a few others.