Re: About Guile crypto support

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: About Guile crypto support
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 10:43:12 +0800

On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 00:03 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > As mentioned in another thread about digest algorithm support in Guile,
> > my plan is use part of implementation of libgcrypt and make a wrapper,
> > then put into libguile.
>
> We probably don’t want Guile to depend on libgcrypt.

No, I didn't mean to use libgcrypt directly, I just suggested reuse part
of libgcrypt code(only the common digest algorithm) and make wrapper,
then put the C code in libguile.

> So, instead, I’d suggest choosing the best of the 10 gcrypt FFI bindings
> already mentioned ;-), and putting it in the guildhall.
>
> If you want to go further, you (or its authors) could submit it for
> inclusion in libgcrypt proper.

The gcrypt-guile project is doing so, I'll help it if I can.
But my original thought is orthogonal with gcrypt-guile, just put some
common digest algorithm in libguile rather than a full-stack crypto-lib.

My suggest opposed by many guys, since they don't think md5/sha are very
common things. ;-)
But I'm dealing with server & web framework development, so I need
digest so much, and maybe it's no so common.
I'll let this topic alone, till others found they have same
requirements, or just forget about it. ;-D