Re: [FEATURE] List all available languages

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: [FEATURE] List all available languages
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:06:12 -0500

Hi Andy,

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
> [...] But more substantially I would want a function that returns a
> list of symbols and calls lookup-language on them, recursively
> filtering out any language that is the target of another compiler.

I'm not sure this is a good approach.  What if someone adds a language
that compiles to Scheme?

How about adding a new boolean field to <language> that marks it as
"internal" or something to that effect?  We could have it default to #f
for backward compatibility, and mark our internal languages as #t.

What do you think?

    Mark