Re: Collecting suggestions of Guildhall

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Collecting suggestions of Guildhall
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:55:22 +0100

On Tue 22 Jan 2013 16:24, Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, but do we have some kind of spec standard for guildhall packages?

The zip bundles, no?  The guild tool should create the bundles.

I had another thought.  When someone submits a bundle, they should HTTP
POST it to a URL on guildhall.gnu.org.  The POST will create a new URL
for the incoming package.  That way review can proceed around the one
copy of the bundle, and it's a place to do automated tests on the
bundle.  We can add a "guild upload" command or so to upload a new
bundle.  Maybe "guild upload" can sign the bundle as well.

> And another related question bothered me for a long time: which is
> guildhall's upstream
> repo now? ijp's? or andy's?
> I think ijp's repo is newer now, maybe do a merge work is better.

Probably ijp's, dunno; surely we should get this onto Savannah though?

>     We will have a GPG keyring for guildhall maintainers.  We can rig up
>     some special email account, perhaps at gnu.org, to queue jobs for
>     the
>     guildhall.  Guildhall maintainers can then queue the addition or
>     update
>     of a package via mail, verified with their key.
>

> Mark and me both have GNU account, is it enough? Or we'll have an extra
> one?

Dunno, I was thinking address@hidden or something --
something like ftpuploads (see maintain.texi).

>     We should also write a
>     web application that lists recent updates to the guildhall.
>
> We may write a simple one for just working, and after my Glow(Guile
> Lauch on Web) done, we may write a brand new site for a whole guildhall
> in a Ruby on rails like way.
> God knows when it's done...but in a long term, such a thing would be
> expected by any folks.

:-)

Cheers,

Andy