Re: syntax closures

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: syntax closures
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:56:29 +0100

Hi,

On Thu 17 Jan 2013 21:51, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all, I wanted to resurrect the idea of a syntactic closure. I did
> some thinking and

Meta: I seem to be receiving your mails with this really strange line
wrapping.  It's been this way for a while, and it makes it difficult to
read your mails.  Would you mind taking a look at your editor and
setting the fill column to 72 characters?  Thanks :)

> 2. The idea is to capture the syntactic environment in template1 ... and
>  call the
>     closure with the captured syntactic elements and insert the
> resulting syntax into
> .

Into what?

> (read-hash-extend #\_ syntax-closure-reader)

Have you tried having your srfi-72 module export a binding for unsyntax?

> The question for me is how to treat this code, as a library of it's
> own supporting e.g. racket and guile and other schemes with the
> syntax case system, or should we try to make this reader extension as
> nice as possible and incorporate the code in guile. Is #_ ok? do you
> have any other suggestion?

I would prefer not to include it in the core; in my ignorance I do not
see the need, especially if it can be implemented in a library.  Of
course it may make sense to bundle a srfi-72 implementation with guile,
but ideally we can do so without affecting the core.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/