Re: Collecting suggestions of Guildhall

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Collecting suggestions of Guildhall
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:30:49 +0100

On Sat 12 Jan 2013 16:21, Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:

> We'd like to start up guildhall.gnu.org, which is a guilers community
> MAYBE based on savannah to let you guys share/fetch Guile packages. Just
> like rubygems.org does. ;-)

FWIW we do have access to a guildhall.gnu.org and are in the process of
setting it up.

> 1. Package verify policy (PVP)
> 2. Package evaluate policy (PEP)

Sounds sensible to me.  Would you like to start working on software to
do this?

WDYT about this workflow: we work via the GNU bug tracker that we
already have in Guile.  When someone has a new package, they mail
address@hidden with the information, creating a ticket.

We will have a GPG keyring for guildhall maintainers.  We can rig up
some special email account, perhaps at gnu.org, to queue jobs for the
guildhall.  Guildhall maintainers can then queue the addition or update
of a package via mail, verified with their key.  We should also write a
web application that lists recent updates to the guildhall.

WDYT?

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/