Re: `include' relative to current file

From: Jay Sulzberger
Subject: Re: `include' relative to current file
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:54:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Jay,

Hi, Andy!

On Mon 21 Jan 2013 07:08, Jay Sulzberger <address@hidden> writes:

  /usr/share/slib/guile-2.init

and made a symlink from /usr/share/slib/guile.init pointing to above file.

FWIW if you use slib from CVS, the included "guile.init" will include
the "guile-2.init" transparently if you are on Guile 2.0, and fall back
to the older code otherwise.

I have pulled the latest slib and I see the conditional include
of guile-2.init inside guile.init.

I still was not able to just start up guile-2.0 and do

  (use-modules (ice-9 slib))

and have slib working.

Seems to work for me.  Ah, one thing: you need to update your ice-9/slib.scm
as well.  See commit b194b59fa10574868f7b1663a1f2d447baa18c5e.

Likely this hard coding of the path to slib's guile.init is not
the right way to repair the guile-slib system.

Not sure.  You could install slib to the load path.  On Debian systems,
the hacks from b194b59fa10574868f7b1663a1f2d447baa18c5e will work.  On
other systems, I guess we'll get bug reports :)

Cheers,

Andy

I have pulled the latest guile and though I have not yet checked
that commit, I have seen the latest code in slib.scm and it is
better than my hard-code-the-path fix.

I will look and see if I can figure out how %load-path and
load-from-path and allied stuff works.

Thank you, Guile team!

oo--JS.

--