Re: Fixing the slib mess

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Fixing the slib mess
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:04:47 +0100

Howdy :)

On Mon 21 Jan 2013 19:09, Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:

> Now, I'm looking into porting Gerald Sussman's scmutils to Guile-2.0.
> I'm aware of an older port by Daniel Gildea but I don't think that
> uses GOOPS:

Neat; GOOPS is definitely the way to go there ;-)

> I'm currently wondering if it could make sense to try to make an
> mit-scheme compatibility module providing the needed bindings.  In
> that way a port could become easier to maintain and maybe such a
> module could also be useful for other mit-scheme software.

Yes I think that can make a lot of sense.

Another thing to think about is this "guildhall" thing that folks are
building (especially Ian Price) -- seems that "guile update && guild
install foo" is starting to work.  A guildhall MIT scheme compatibility
package would be great; that would let us have a guildhall package for
scmutils as well.

Dunno, just thoughts for your Copious Free Time ;-)

Cheers!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/