Re: Thread+GC issues on ARM

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Thread+GC issues on ARM
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:28:00 +0100

Hi Rob,

On Sat 11 Feb 2012 04:39, Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> So do I understand correctly that in order for this to work, we'll first
>>> need an updated libgc in Debian unstable?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Great.  If we can get this and the s390 problem fixed, I'll be able to
> see about removing 1.8 from Debian testing (which I'd love to do soon --
> I'd really like to drop 1.8 from the upcoming release).

What happened here?  I see that the libgc in the upcoming release is
still 7.1, released in 2008, whereas 7.2 was released in May 2012.  It's
really unfortunate, given the large number of threading-related problems
fixed by a non-ancient libgc.

See also: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=673965

Regards,

Andy