git config receive.denyNonFastForwards true on server?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: git config receive.denyNonFastForwards true on server?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:55:55 +0100

Hi,

I was about to ask the savannah folks / gnu admins if they could change
the configuration for guile's repo to allow non-fast-forward pushes
(obviously with the --force or + flag).  This would let me fix the
authorship in the recent PEG merge to master.  It would also make it
easier to update a branch: you wouldn't have to delete it first and then
re-push.  (This doesn't work with master because it is the default ref,
and there is another setting regarding deleting the default ref.)

What do you think?

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/