Re: Guile Lua

From: Ian Price
Subject: Re: Guile Lua
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:02:23 +0000

Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> To note is that in order to implement common lisp one need to bypass tree-il
> and generate directly to glil, the reason is that tagbody is poorly
> represented
> by tree-il. If we intend to be multilingual it would be nice to be able to
> effectively
> represent those ideoms. Any thoughts on it?

At one point I implemented tagbody for a laugh using call/cc. I've
attached the code, but it's kinda lame. I was much less experienced with
continuations and macros then, and I could certainly write it better now.

--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"