Re: Guile Lua

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Re: Guile Lua
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:51:59 +0100

Hi,

To note is that in order to implement common lisp one need to bypass tree-il
and generate directly to glil, the reason is that tagbody is poorly represented
by tree-il. If we intend to be multilingual it would be nice to be able to effectively
represent those ideoms. Any thoughts on it?

/Stefan

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Ian Price <address@hidden> wrote:
Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:

>> What about common lisp is scheme a lisp or is CL a scheme :-)
>>

> IIRC, someone raised the topic that emerge Clisp into Guile in 2011,
> but what's the status now?
>
>> Anyway to support CL I would think that we need to support placing
>> properties
>> on symbols, e,g. currently a symbol slot is a variable, but to
>> effectively support CL I would go for
>> /Stefan

I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves, but emacs has had some
minor CL emulation in things like cl.el and cl-lib. I think these could
be good test cases for the elisp support.

--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"