Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, stable-2.0, updated. v2.0.7-25-g99

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, stable-2.0, updated. v2.0.7-25-g990b11c
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 21:34:30 +0100

Hi!

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:

> FWIW, I agree with Andy that it would be good to support texinfo markup
> in docstrings.  At present, the docstrings for procedures implemented in
> C are much nicer looking than the Scheme ones.

Hmm, they just look the same since they are already rendered.

> I've been sad to see the recent patches that strip texinfo markup from
> docstrings.  That's going in the wrong direction, IMO.

That’s going in the direction of having docstrings usable /now/, where
no rendering occurs.

> Regarding 'procedure-documentation', I think it should return the
> rendered version, just like it does for procedures defined in C.

Yes, probably.

One problem to keep in mind is that (texinfo ...) is only able to render
a small subset of Texinfo.  That’s probably OK for docstrings, though.

Ludo’.