‘http-get*’ and all that

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: ‘http-get*’ and all that
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:53:08 +0100

Hello!

"Andy Wingo" <address@hidden> skribis:

>       (http-get): Redefine in terms of http-get.  Deprecate the
>       #:extra-headers argument in favor of #:headers.  Allow a body.  Add a
>       #:streaming? argument, subsuming the functionality of http-get*.
>       (http-get*): Deprecate.

‘http-get*’ was added in 2.0.7, so it doesn’t seem wise to deprecate it
just a couple of months later, no?

As for adding another keyword instead of another procedure, that’s fine,
but not strikingly more elegant either, IMO.

In terms of process, I’d prefer more discussion.  For instance, while we
briefly discussed (ice-9 iconv) on IRC, posting an RFC here, or at least
a note, would have helped give the feeling that people are in the loop,
and may have turned up useful feedback.

WDYT?

(That being said, I’m more than happy to see you back on the good hack. :-))

Thanks,
Ludo’.