Re: bug#13077: guile: add repl-option for customized print

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: bug#13077: guile: add repl-option for customized print
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:49:30 +0800

On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 13:00 +0800, Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> [No need to Cc the bug report]
>
> On 12 December 2012 12:03, Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Seems (fluid-ref *repl-stack*) is not a pair/list when REPL is just
> > started?
>
> Correction: is not a pair/list when /guile/ is just started.  The
> program, guile, is not a REPL, that is only an optional component of
> it.
>
> You can't set REPL options before there is a REPL.  The rc file
> (.guile) is applicable to all of guile, and read during initialization
> which is before any REPL is created.
>
> Try repl-default-option-set!.

repl-default-option-set! seems didn't make sense. How can I check the
REPL exist? My idea is to do that after I detected the REPL existed.

I believe people more like to activate the colored-REPL automatically
when ~/.guile is setup. Rather than call (activate-colorized) manually,
just like 'readline' module does.

Regards.