Re: Fix reader options for R6RS `get-datum'

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Fix reader options for R6RS `get-datum'
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:23:21 -0500

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:
> This patch series addresses the problem that `get-datum' is using the
> global reader options, even for those options that have to have fixed
> values to make the reader behave in an R6RS-compatible way.

I'm sorry to have not done so earlier, but I finally looked at the R6RS
specification for 'get-datum', and I don't see anything to suggest that
it should recognize a different notation than 'read' does.  If the user
has enabled reader extensions for 'read', I don't see why 'get-datum'
shouldn't honor those extensions as well.

Maybe what we should have instead is a command-line option that sets
some(?) of the global read options to conform with R6RS.

What do you think?

    Mark