Re: Guile Lua

From: nalaginrut
Subject: Re: Guile Lua
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:30:30 +0800

On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 16:30 +0000, Ian Price wrote:
> About two weeks ago, I emailed "Phil", who had shown some interest in
> hacking guile lua a while back. I still haven't heard back from him, nor
> has that branch been touched in 18 months, so I think we can safely say
> we need a new maintainer for it.
>
> I have little knowledge of lua, so I can't really do it, but if you know
> anyone who likes lua, and would be willing to hack on it, please suggest
> it to them. It'd be a shame to see that code go to waste.

I'm interested on our multi-language feature. And I wish Guile become
the real dynamic language compiler collection someday, which mean we
need to add more workable languages.
I'd like to know what work should the maintainer take? As I know there's
some work has been done, but it didn't merge into stable-2.0. What's the
rest work? Does it work now?