Re: Import your CK macro into Guile?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Import your CK macro into Guile?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:13:04 -0500

> Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I'd like to import your CK macro into Guile.  Would you be willing to
>> contribute it to Guile?  If so, please respond to the list to say so.
>> It's small enough (15 lines) that I guess we don't need papers.
>
> For the record, there’s usually no paperwork involved when incorporating
> third-party code like this.  It would be inappropriate to ask people who
> wrote code for some unrelated external project to assign copyright to
> the FSF (info "(maintain) External Libraries").

Apologies if I mishandled this, but the problem here is that the code
had no explicit license or copying permission notice.  If it had been
explicitly published as free software, I certainly would not have
bothered him about it.

> (It’s also interesting to see how the SLOC metric doesn’t work here,
> given that the explanation of those 15 lines fits in several pages of
> dense non-trivial technical work.  :-))

Hmm.  While that's true, I took only 15 (non-blank) lines from it.
Is that not the relevant metric?

I confess that I have much to learn on these matters, and am eager to
learn :)

     Mark