Adding to the end of the load path

From: Ian Price
Subject: Adding to the end of the load path
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 03:18:59 +0000

Hi guilers,

On the #guile IRC channel, Mark Weaver has stressed to me that he thinks
it would be a good idea for us to be able to add paths to the end of the
load path, since it would allow us to, for example, prefer a built-in guile
implementation over a guildhall provided one, when this exists. Right
now, for the srfi[0] and guile-lib, I have handled this by not adding
files to the package where they have been adopted by guile (e.g. statprof).

Andreas Rottmann suggested something similar in February[1].

I don't have any concrete proposals better than what Andreas has
suggested, but I felt I should make this post to the list, lest Mark and
I forget.

0. My apologies to whomever it was who reported breakage in the srfi
package (and sorry that I've forgotten your name). I have been fixing
it, but my current version still has some issues. I promise I will post
a guildhall update to here, and guile-user sometime in the next week or
two.
1. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2012-02/msg00038.html
--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"