Re: regexp-split for Guile

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: regexp-split for Guile
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:20:09 +0800

On 20 October 2012 22:16, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> wrote:
> Honestly, this question makes me wonder if the proposed 'regexp-split'
> is too complicated.  If you want to trim whitespace, how about using
> 'string-trim-right' or 'string-trim-both' before splitting?  It seems
> more likely to do what I would expect.

Yes.  Keep it simple.  Operations like trim-whitespace and
drop-empty-strings-from-the-result (mentioned in the previous
discussion) are so easy to do outside of regexp-split, why complicate
the semantics?

Limit is arguably more fundamental to the procedure.  Anything else is
pre- or post-processing.