Re: Needed: per-port reader options

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Needed: per-port reader options
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:57:39 -0400

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think ‘current-reader’ should remove the need to have a port-to-reader
> mapping, no?
>
> Thanks for looking into this!
>
> Ludo’.

I might not understand this correctly, but aren't the reader flags
only supposed to affect the specific file they're reading from? That's
why we need a different set of reader options for each port. Of
course, there could be one global reader that has a
port-to-reader-options mapping, but that's a lot like a port-to-reader
mapping.

I think what you're suggesting is making a new reader for each input
file, letting that reader set its flags based on directives, and then
abandoning that reader when the file is read. Is that right?

I'm just trying to understand the issue,
Noah